09:00 AM - 09:00 PM
10:00 AM - 02:00 PM
09:00 AM - 07:00 PM
Only on Call
Ask the Experts
Enhance Your Smile Through Zirconia
Don’t let an easily identified crown ruin your image.
At Kims Dental advanced facial cosmetic surgical centers, we believe in crowns that look natural and natural-looking crowns, like natural teeth, must transmit light. Ordinary porcelain fused to metal (PFM) crowns can’t do that.
CAD CAM Zirconia Crowns
- Zirconia is 100% bio compatible and inert that human body does not reject, so no allergies or adverse reactions is exist.
- Zirconia Crowns have all the advantages of both traditional Gold Crowns and Porcelain. Although Gold Crowns are well tolerated, last long and are a good technical choice, many consumers much prefer to have a natural effect that blends into the overall smile. Many also don’t want metal in their mouths. In most cases the choice will be between a Porcelain Crown and a Zirconia Crown.
- Strength and Longevity:Zirconia is virtually indestructible whereas Porcelain crowns are prone to chipping. Crowns have a lifetime of around 10 years. Zirconia should last a lifetime.
- Cosmetic:Up until recently most crowns are Porcelain which is fused to a Metal base. Over time, the metal begins to show more and more and the restoration can look opaque and monochromatic, with the tell tale dark grey line at the crown join.
- The Zirconia Crowns not only look more translucent, but are much stronger than the Porcelain fused to the Metal posts. The Zirconia crowns are milled from a single block of crystal and can be up to five times stronger than a porcelain / metal fuse.
Porcelain Fused to Metal (PFM) Crowns Zirconium Crowns
The look of zirconium crowns and bridges is so close to natural teeth that it is hard to tell the difference and it is this quality which makes it very usable within dental work.Zirconium crowns can be fixed using traditional dental cements.
Zirconium crowns have quickly become the preferred material for dental crowns. Zirconium is a very strong substance that can endure wear and tear of everyday use. When looking at Zirconium crowns from an aesthetic point it is clear and very similar to a natural tooth and reflects light the same way. This may be important if your new crowns are on the front of your mouth and it is particularly relevant in cases where the crown will be seen next to the natural teeth.
Porcelain is the conventional material used for the new crowns however; Full porcelain can chip or break. This is overcome by making the crowns from the metal, in this case metal zirconia, then merge the porcelain on the outside. Zirconia metal gives the strength while the porcelain gives the appearance of a normal tooth. Zirconium crowns allow light to pass as a normal tooth would and that gives a natural look, unlike other metal cores that are block the light.Proved in worldwide research.
Exclusively for our patients we have started using Zirconia in cosmetic treatment.
Advantages of zirconia crowns over metal ceramics
- Higher strength
- Superior aesthetics
- No rusting
- No mouth odour
- No dark margins around the gums
- No receeding gums
- Natural looking for years
- No allergies or adverse reactions
- No heat conduction
These crowns do not corrode and the normal black gum line that you might see around a porcelain fused metal crown, will not occur, because of the strong ceramic material which is used. Also the hot and cold sensations you might feel with other crowns normally do not occur because of the lack of electrical conductivity.
The following are the different varieties of CAD-CAM crowns :
- WHITE PEAKS
- LAVA BASIC
- LAVA PLUS
- NOBEL BIOCARE PROCERA